The Mold Solutions Blog

Our Pets Reveal A Lot About the Overall Health of our Homes

Do you have a furry friend — or two — at home? If you are lucky enough to share your life with a pet, you don’t need us telling you they are one of the family which is exactly why paying attention to their health is so important.

There is one invisible threat we often forget about, even when it comes to our own health. Unfortunately, over time it can cause significant harm to both animals and their humans…

Cats and dogs can suffer from mold allergies in much the same way as we do. By inhaling mold spores, they get exposed to toxic chemicals and may develop pesky symptoms such as:

  • Coughing
  • Sneezing
  • Wheezing
  • Watery eyes
  • Excessive scratching
  • Excessive licking
  • Skin rashes and sores
  • Fur loss
  • Loss of appetite
  • Diarrhea
  • Vomiting
  • Bleeding from the nose or/and mouth
  • Lameness
  • Trembling
  • Convulsions
  • Seizures
  • Lethargy
  • Anxiety
  • Changes in behavior

Sounds familiar? If it does, then it’s probably because the symptoms of mold allergy in pets and humans are virtually the same.

If you notice that your cat or dog is experiencing any of the symptoms above, take them to the vet as soon as possible for a check-up and to discuss possible treatment options.

What Next?

If the vet confirms that your pet is suffering from a mold allergy, or if you or another human member of the household is having similar symptoms, you should look into mold removal.

Otherwise, the symptoms are likely to persist, and your pet’s condition may worsen over time.

At Mold Solutions, we use three products during remediation: a biocide (Onslaught), a stain remover (MMR) and an antimicrobial (MPI). The antimicrobial, the product we apply after the remediation that stays in the home to prevent mold growth, is laboratory-tested and monitored for safety at both the formulation and the application stage.

The formulas are saline-based and free from:

Toxic gases
Heavy metals
Formaldehyde
Phenol groups
Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)

What’s more, the active ingredient has the US Environmental Protection Agency’s lowest toxicity rating.

Our mold removal products are also certified by the LEED green building rating system of the US Green Building Council, which seeks to promote eco-friendly building and construction solutions.

Call Us Today — Your Pet(s) Will Thank You!

Your pets are unable to tell you just how itchy and uncomfortable they might be. Put an end to their suffering by removing the mold from your home.

Call us today for an expert consultation on how to protect the health of your pets and that of your family.

Let's talk about the path to your Mold Solution.

Choose the way you'd like to connect and help is on the way.

 

Not ready to talk to someone? Take our free online self-assessment and get clarity.

Give Us A Call

In Chicagoland, call 815-469-8877
In Greater St. Louis, call 314-993-6653

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request Help Online

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Send Us a Message

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Send Us a Message

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Scroll to Top