The Mold Solutions Blog

DIY Mold Removal Stain

Over half of the homes in the United States will experience mold at some point in their existence. It’s a natural organism that tends to pop up when it has access to moisture and a feeding source, and unfortunately, those two things aren’t hard to come by.

Most people believe that bleach is the best solution for removing mold, but we actually don’t ever recommend using it. First, bleach contains harsh chemicals that can be harmful to inhale. Secondly, bleach evaporates very quickly. This doesn’t allow enough time for the chemicals in bleach to reach all of the mold spores to kill them off.

However, we have an even better option. Keep reading to learn more about a mold removal solution you can make on your own without any of the harsh chemicals bleach contains.

Simple Mold Removal Solution

Mold can make you or others who live in the home sick. Mold allergies are very common and those affected by mold can experience a wide range of symptoms. They can vary from a runny nose and scratchy throat to more serious symptoms that cause headaches and affect the respiratory system.

This is why, if you’re experiencing any of these symptoms, it makes sense if you want to avoid harsh chemicals that can irritate you as well. Thankfully, what you need to create a mold removal solution is probably in your cabinets right now.

White vinegar and baking soda, mixed with warm water, makes a very effective mold remover. As soon as you see any mold on the surface in your home, spray this solution on the areas affected by mold and let it soak in. This typically takes between five to ten minutes. After it’s had enough time to soak, use warm, damp washcloths to wipe the mold away.

Once you’ve successfully removed the mold, carefully dispose of the rags. Using them again creates the risk of spreading mold to other areas of your house and this is what’re trying to avoid.

Finally, spray the solution on the newly cleaned surface once more and this time, let it dry completely. This creates a bit of a barrier and helps deter mold from growing there again.

Job Too Big to Remove on Your Own?

There are certain times it’s necessary to call the professionals to take care of your mold problem. If a patch of mold is larger than ten square feet in size, it’s not safe to remove on your own. You risk spreading the mold growth further throughout your house by disturbing the spores and allowing them to land on other surfaces in your house.

That’s where we come in to help. Our team here at Mold Solutions is certified and specially trained in the art of mold removal. We can answer any questions you might have and help come up with a plan to remove the mold from your home as soon as possible. If you’ve found mold in your home, contact us today!

Let's talk about the path to your Mold Solution.

Choose the way you'd like to connect and help is on the way.

 

Not ready to talk to someone? Take our free online self-assessment and get clarity.

Give Us A Call

In Chicagoland, call 815-469-8877
In Greater St. Louis, call 314-993-6653

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request A Callback

Pick a day and time that's best for you and we'll call you then.
Schedule a Call Now

Request Help Online

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Send Us a Message

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Send Us a Message

Fill out our convenient form and we'll get back to you within 24 hours.
Contact Us

Scroll to Top