Mold is a microscopic organism which reproduces asexually and can multiply rapidly. It isn’t until thousands of mold spores have formed colonies that mold becomes visible to the naked eye. While you can remove the mold you see on a slice of bread, you cannot remove the invisible microscopic mold spores you don’t see. The same applies to your home.
Mold removal is not a simple process when done properly, and it can be helpful to have an understanding of the mold removal process. Because mold spores are invisible to the eye, you risk inhaling them during the removal process if you don’t take proper precautions. This could have an adverse effect on your health.
What to Do?
The wisest course of action is to call for professional help to test your home and handle mold removal safely and effectively. By making that call, you are saving your time and your sanity.
Why Call a Mold Removal Expert?
A mold removal expert uses state-of-the-art equipment to determine the severity of your situation. He or she will assess the proper course for mold removal and make suggestions to prevent it from returning.
During the inspection process, the professional mold removal inspector uses a thermal imaging camera to scan and visualize the entire room, including all that is invisible to the naked eye. The thermal imaging camera can identify temperature abnormalities, which can indicate the presence of moisture, and help determine potentially infected areas around the house.
The boroscope serves as a camera. It can facilitate up-close access to places not seen by the unaided eye. This instrument can be used for inspection and non-destructive testing. Compared to a thermal imaging camera, a borescope captures images. It can visualize and identify possible cracks that can be a source of moisture for mold to live and thrive.
The Moisture Meter is another instrument used for inspections. It is useful for identifying when building materials contain enough moisture content to allow mold spores to reproduce.
Best Decision for Mold Removal
If you think you might have mold growing in or behind your walls, be sure to check it out by looking and smelling for any signs.
Beware that mold removal can be difficult and dangerous. You can do-it-yourself, but it can present a potential health risk if done improperly. And, if not done well, it may even spread the mold spores to other areas of the home.
If you want to save money in the long-run, talk to a mold removal expert. He or she will help you determine if you simply have black colored mold or if it’s toxic mold. Toxic or not, all mold needs to be removed before extended exposure begins to impact your health.
Once the mold has been removed from your home, employ preventative maintenance to keep your home free and safe from mold contamination.
Give us a call if we can answer any questions about mold removal for you.