Common Questions About Mold Removal: Part Two

Share Post:

Last week we dove right into some of the most common questions we get regarding the mold removal process. If you haven’t read that yet, you can do so here.

This week I finish up with the rest of our most commonly asked questions, so let’s get started.

Common Questions About Mold Removal: Part Two

“Can I get an air quality test done in my attic?”
We don’t ever recommend an air test for your attic area.

Attics are rooms continually exposed to the outside elements. Because of that, your air test results can be skewed, and we like to be as accurate as possible when it comes to mold growth in your home.

We offer other tests to check for mold and attics; we recommend a test called a lift sample. A lift sample uses a particular type of tape placed on the surface where mold is suspected.When we pull the tape off, any remnants of mold will come with it. We then send the tape to a lab to be analyzed, which gives us a more accurate answer regarding mold in the attic.

“Why do you have to start attic remediation at 7 am?”

The attic is the hottest room in any home. It’s hot on an average day in regular clothes, so you can imagine how hot it is on our guys when they’re wearing personal protection equipment..

We like to get into the area early and get started. It allows them to work longer in the cooler hours of the day.

“How do you treat different types of mold?”

Whether or not you have toxic black mold growing in your basement or pink fuzzy mold growing around your furnace, we remove it.

We do so by spraying the affected areas with our Proprietary Sanitizing solution. If we have a stubborn patch of mold on our hands, we might have to use a little elbow grease of our own and scrub at the spot to remove the mold.

“Is it ever OK to treat mold on my own?”

Surprisingly, there are times when it’s OKok to handle the mold removal process without the professionals. We always like to let people know this is an option but only if certain conditions are met.

The mold in question has to be less than 10 square feet in size. Any larger than this and a professional needs to come in to take care of the problem.

If the mold you’ve found is less than 10 square feet, you can remove it on your own. Many people believe the best way to remove mold growth is with bleach, but we don’t recommend it.

Bleach evaporates quickly, and this doesn’t give it a chance to penetrate the patch of mold completely. In return, the mold spores don’t all die off.

We recommend using a simple solution made from warm water, white vinegar, and baking soda. You can mix up the solution in an empty spray bottle and thoroughly soak the area. Let it sit for 15-20 minutes before using a warm washcloth to wipe the mold away.

For added protection, we suggest respraying the area and letting it dry completely.

Contact Us

If you’ve discovered mold in your home and have more questions about the mold removal process, contact us. Our team of certified professionals are ready to answer any questions you might have. We can begin creating a plan that works for you and get you and your family on your way to a mold-free home today.


Not ready to talk to someone?  Take our FREE 2-Minute Self-Assessment and get answers!


Let's talk about the path to your Mold Solution.

Choose the way you’d like to connect and help is on the way.

Not ready to talk to someone? Take our free online self-assessment and get clarity.

Stay Connected

More Updates